Google analytics

Thursday 4 November 2010

Scam?

I’ve just been delving further into the subject of my last post. There, I was trying to understand the workings of an organisation called “The Office of International Treasury Control (OITC)”.

It would seem that they’ve operated in various countries such as Cambodia, Ecuador, and Fiji to name a few.

And of course I’d completely forgotten about this incident in the dim and distant past.

The firm made an abortive US$5 billion bid for the British car company MG Rover in 2005, the Financial Times reported, puzzling accountants by issuing a down payment of 1 pound in the form of a postal order.

What really convinces me that this is maybe a scam of the highest order, akin to a monumental Nigerian 419 operation, is the message on their website.

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

I mean really. If you’ve got billions to give away then surely you can afford the bandwith for your website.

Then again. maybe everyone reading my last post are scrambling onto their site to partake of their largesse.

And they’ve got a facebook page stating their aims if you’re interested. A most impressive list of followers. All eighteen of them.

Mind you if I drop out of the Blogosphere in the next few days………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.