Why does David Cameron keep banging on about the “Big Society”? I’m much happier with my local “Small Society”.
1. My lovely Post girl who always waves and shouts a greeting with a beaming smile which lights up my day.
2. My local shop, where the staff are polite and helpful.
3. The local Postmaster who is always cheery and nothing I post is beyond him.
4. The Milkman that delivers the milk whilst attired in shorts, even when the temperature is Minus Eight.
5. The Ditsy Blonde from down the road who pops in for a drink and has me in fits of laughter.
6. Watching the local cricket team playing badly.
7. My neighbour who feeds the cats whilst we’re away.
8. The Bin men who run down the road but will take anything.
I Could go on but this is a small society. So sod off Dave, I don’t need you and your “Big Society” I have real Society.