Google analytics

Monday 29 November 2010

I hope justice will be served this time.

But I’m not holding my breath.

A police riot squad officer who escaped prosecution over Ian Tomlinson's death during the G20 protests has been served with gross misconduct allegations.

I posted about this case here. Injustice again.

He will also be accused of using force that "was not necessary, proportionate or reasonable in the circumstances", and the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) is consulting on whether to hold the misconduct hearing in public.

As far as I’m concerned this should most certainly be held in the public view. Maybe it would be a deterrent to the rest of those thugs dressed up in their stab vests and other accoutrements designed to frighten the average citizen on the streets.

They have long forgotten that they are members of the public given extra powers. I’m sure more and more of them think, that they are above the law, that the rest of us have to abide by.

Will justice be done in this case? As I said, I’m not holding my breath.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.