Google analytics

Monday 23 July 2012

A Warning About Drinking and Driving

I would like to share an experience with you about drinking and driving,
and  you should all take heed.

As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the  authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.

A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends at a  local pub and had a few too many G & Ts and some rather nice red wine.

Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did
something I've never done before: I took a bus home. Sure enough I
passed a police road block but as it was a bus, they waved it past.



I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise, as I
have  never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it from.

3 comments:

  1. On New Years Eve Stagecoach blockade their depot exits with their own buses to stop people like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Cliff Richard can, you can to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've actually driven far more difficult vehicles than a bus in my time. A challenger tank springs to mind. Trying to drive sixty odd tons of metal down an assault course at fifty miles an hour is quite taxing. Mind you. Woe betide anyone who gets in your way.
    I once saw the result of an army landrover that got in the way of an Abrams. Needless to say there were no survivors.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.