I see “call me Dave” is trying to be all things to all men (and Women, before you shout me down for being sexist), by trying to get more supporters from the gay community.
The coalition is to push ahead with plans for gay marriage following the personal intervention of David Cameron.
Liberal Democrat Lynne Featherstone will today unveil plans to legislate to bring in gay marriage before 2015.
The Equalities Minister will also announce that Britain should be a ‘world leader for gay rights’.
Actually, “Call me Dave”, if you follow the rulings of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, you might find yourself in a bit of a bind when it comes to international law. If you look below you’ll see it that it clearly states Men and Women. Nowhere does it state that marriage is sanctioned between same sex couples.
- (1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
- (2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
- (3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.
1. the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.
1. either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife.
Now I was married in church many years ago. I’m not at all religious now but I respect those that have their beliefs The present political thinking is to allow churches to opt out for now. But how long will it be before the gay activists push for a change in the law to allow same sex couples to marry in Church. Mission creep and all that.
That’ll be the day when we should pressurise government that it must extend across all faiths. Imagine any government telling the Islamic community that they are obliged in law, to allow same sex marriages.