Just received this in my inbox. It's not about health is it? It's all about maximising revenue.
The E-NI/E.Cig Market is under direct threat from government legislation that would make the Selling of nicotine containing products illegal.
Please see the link for full details on the MHRAs Public consultation Document (MLX 364): The regulation of nicotine containing products
HOW WILL THIS LEGISLATION, IF PASSED AFFECT YOU!
1. As from the 21st June 2010 all selling of un-licensed nicotine products (E.liquids, Pre Filled Cartridges Containing Nicotine) will be banned. Companies such as The Electronic Cigarette Company and Totally Wicked would be shut down by Trading Standards.
2.It will leave you with no other option but to either start smoking again, go cold turkey or buy risky nicotine products from overseas.
WHAT YOU CAN DO?
There are a number of pro-active steps you AS AN INDIVIDUAL can take.. Please do not let apathy overtake you…We aren’t.
1. Write a full Testimony in long hand of how E-Nis/E.Cigs have helped you, The health benefits, the Emotional Benefits, Benefits to your family and friends, the cost savings. In this testimony highlight the effect this ban would have on YOUR life. Be accurate, forthright and rationale. Upload and then Email a signed and dated copy to accounts @ @theelectroniccigarette.co.uk
2. Send a hardcopy via recorder delivery letter to Amanda Bryan, MHRA, Room 14-212, Market Towers, 1 Nine Elms Lane, London, SW8 5NQ
3. Sign this online petition and add your comments. http://www.petitiononline.com/vaping/petition.html
4. Respond directly to the MHRA via their response to MLX 364 online form
5. Contact your MP and GP, let them know how this ban will impact your health and your life.
Remember your voice is important, we cannot allow this legislation to be passed. It is destructive and ill thought out.
ACT NOW AND DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS.
They really can't leave us alone. Can they.