I think a trip to the Doctor’s is on the cards.
I’ve spent the last few days in discomfort. Now I think I know why.
The most common symptom of a stomach ulcer is a burning pain…
In particular this occurs at night towards the morning hours as this is when you are most likely to have no food in your stomach.
Additionally, stomach ulcer symptoms frequently come and go.
Check. Happened briefly on holiday
Other Symptoms of Peptic Ulcers
If a stomach ulcer becomes sufficiently advanced, other symptoms may develop. These can include:
- Dark, black or red stool (indicating blood in the stool) Haven't dared look.
- Nausea or loss of appetite have been feeling sick as a dog for the last four days. My stomach didn’t ask for food.
- Fatigue or weakness (due to anaemia from blood loss). This is more prevalent in women than men. I’ve been permanently tired.
- Weight loss I’ve had to make a new hole in my belt.
- Vomiting of blood (typically black; think of the colour of a scab) Nope.
Oh well. I must take the rough with the smooth (Groans in agony)(Just kidding), I’m not getting any younger.