In a previous post I found that I was no longer registered with my practise.
Surprisingly enough this morning I read a blog post (I can’t remember who) that might shed some light on the issue. Apparently practises are funded by the number of patients on their register. Therefore the local health authorities were sending patients innocuous questionnaires to patients asking for info on their practise. If after two requests, there were no replies, then health authorities were presuming that the patient had moved out of area. Therefore saving them money.
Bearing in mind, that the period involved in my case had me out of the country for most of the year, this scam would have been unnoticed by me.
I have asked my practise for a full enquiry into the matter, but I’m not holding my breath for a result. However if they think that this will go away. they’d better think again.
PS. I’m being treated for a suspected Ulcer.
Note to self: Calm down dear.