Google analytics

Saturday 9 July 2011

Stony Stratford. The Sequel

ciggie

It would seem that the locals don’t think much about Councillor Bartlett either. Just a few comments posted on the facebook page of AboutMyArea. If you don’t know the story about this pompous fuckwit, just clink on his linky name.

"What about the smokers who work in Stony? Will they have to get in their cars and drive outside the town limits to have a smoke? Most will get in their cars and leave Stony well behind. I'm an ex-smoker and agree with not smoking in shops and offices but this is prohibition by any other means. And will this ban apply to people smoking in their own gardens so that they don't offend their neighbours?" Derek Barrett

"If this is the top of the list of priorities on the town council agenda then all other problems must have been solved then? I suggest the town council spend their time looking at setting up a trust for the people of Stony Stratford with their first aim of taking complete control of the library its books and the building. This is likely to attract more interest" Kevin DeCort

"I appreciate the reasoning behind this. Why not consider banning smoking in certain areas, e.g. The High Street, outside schools, doctors. I am a smoker and I ALWAYS find a bin or ashtray to extinguish my cigarette, I don't throw them on the floor. Perhaps it would be an idea to also ban chewing of gum in the street as that makes much more mess and costs taxpayers much more to clean up." Sue Gray

"If this goes ahead businesses in Stony are really going to suffer, especially pubs...what a waste of time and resources...I don't even smoke and I'm annoyed!" Emma Kennedy

"I have never smoked in my life, but the only outcome i can see, of this proposed ban would be the death of Stony's vibrant social life. The pubs/bars and restaurants would most definitely suffer, and because my husband smokes, we would more likely drink in our local village pub instead of taking a walk into Stony, for a meal and a drink."  Fiona Nicholls

"I'm a non smoker but really don't think a smoking ban in open spaces is necessary or beneficial to Stony Stratford. Businesses are having a bad enough time right now as it is without pushing more customers away from the High Street. If the ...council want to tackle the problem of cigarette butts being thrown on the floor etc maybe they should look at installing more bins with ashtrays attached and that get emptied on a more regular basis! Banning smoking in open spaces is just not necessary!" Jonathan Woodward

I wonder if he’ll get re-elected.

stony stratford

Hah.                                                                           Pic stolen unashamedly from Lawson Narse.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.