Google analytics

Thursday 6 May 2010

My vote

Today I changed my mind.

I've always been a lifelong conservative voter. Not out of habit or because my family have always voted conservative. I've always felt that conservative policies are right for those who want to better themselves and not to be a drain on society.

Today I decided that my MP didn't deserve my vote.

1) He voted strongly for the smoking ban.

2) He voted strongly to remain in Europe.

I wrote to him about both these topics and received patronising replies on the lines of, "I know best".

Therefore Sir John Stanley. Tough shit. I voted UKIP.

Not that my vote will overturn his majority. But at least I felt better.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! It all makes a difference in terms of overall vote share.

    Now all we need is an element of proportionality in our voting system.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.