Councils across the UK are refusing to pick up low-energy lightbulbs from homes as they contain toxic mercury, which gives off poisonous vapours.
Well tough titty.
I’m putting mine in the bin when they fail. I suggest that you complain to the EU about it, because I don’t care. I never asked for them.
Apart from the fact we used to do experiments with mercury when I was a youngster and I’m still alive. I mean really.
If a bulb is smashed, the UK’s Health Protection Agency advice is for householders to evacuate the room and leave it to ventilate for 15 minutes.
Just get a life.