Google analytics

Sunday 8 August 2010

Offshore wind turbines. The true costs of O & M

Now as you know I’ve been trying to find facts and figures about the true costs of operation and maintenance of these modern follies.

Nowhere can I find any hard and fast figures from any site. Although I have gleaned a few worrying statistics.

I can’t give you where I’ve got these facts from as they are covered by copyright. Why, I’m not sure,as these considerations should be in the public domain.

The O & M costs are double or triple original projected figures.

Also there is a –21% change in wind farm return on investment. Notice the minus.

$0.027/kWh is the latest projected O & M cost. Early estimates were $0.005/kWh. A vastly increased cost.

Again I find that the shelf life of these turbines is down from 20 years to 6 to 8 years.

And that twat Huhne still wants to build hundreds of these bird mincing, inefficient, monstrosities.

That’s all the info I can give you. If anyone would like the full report it costs a staggering $1495.

1 comment:

  1. "I can’t give you where I’ve got these facts from as they are covered by copyright. Why, I’m not sure,as these considerations should be in the public domain."

    Sounds like something for Wikileaks, maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.