These are some of the questions you'll be asked when you go to get a visa.
- Are you coming to the United States to engage in prostitution or unlawful commercialized vice or have you been engaged in prostitution or procuring prostitutes within the past 10 years?
- Have you ever been involved in, or do you seek to engage in, money laundering?
- Do you have a mental or physical disorder that poses or is likely to pose a threat to the safety or welfare of yourself or others?
- Do you seek to engage in espionage, sabotage, export control violations, or any other illegal activity while in the United States?
- Do you seek to engage in terrorist activities while in the United States or have you ever engaged in terrorist activities?
- Have you, while serving as a government official, been responsible for or directly carried out, at any time, particularly severe violations of religious freedom?
- Have you committed, ordered, incited, assisted, or otherwise participated in extrajudicial killings, political killings, or other acts of violence?
- Have you ever committed, ordered, incited, assisted, or otherwise participated in torture?
- Have you ever ordered, incited, committed, assisted, or otherwise participated in genocide?
- Have you ever or do you intend to provide financial assistance or other support to terrorists or terrorist organizations?
What is the point of asking these questions? If you're a terrorist or other criminal you're hardly likely to say Yes. Are you?