Google analytics

Thursday 8 April 2010

Selling property

As the occasional visitor to this blog will know, I'm in the process of settling the affairs of my deceased Uncle.

It's a far more convoluted process than I could have ever imagined.

However it has opened my eyes to the duplication of effort foisted on us by the Government.

Last week I commissioned a company to carry out a Home information pack report. This entailed filling in six pages of data. I'm not sure why I had to fill half of it in. After all I'm paying them.

Interestingly I had a letter from the Estate Agents handling the sale, enclosing a document marked Property Misdescriptions act 1991 Trust form which I have to fill in.

Guess what. Both forms ask for identical data.

We really have been taken for mugs. I feel a letter to my MP coming on. Oh wait, there is more important things for him to be doing. He's got a seat to win in the GE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.