Thursday, 4 August 2011

An interesting Hobby.

A Swedish man has been arrested after attempting to split atoms in his kitchen, claiming that he was only doing it as a “hobby”.

I must say that I’ve never thought of taking up a hobby like that. Mmmmm.

Handl, 31, said he had tried for months to set up a nuclear reactor at home and kept a blog about his experiments, describing how he created a small meltdown on his stove.

The best bit about the article is the comments that follow.

“If he sold his story to the tabloids, he could make a bomb.”

And

“I think my wife split some atoms in our kitchen this evening.
She called it 'dinner', but I have my doubts.   If I glow later on, Let me know.”

And

“Didn't he know that the easiest way to split atoms is to put them in a box marked "Fragile" and send it through the post?”

And

“Blue Peter has much to answer for “

Finally another man who won’t be getting any how’s your father any time soon.

“Judging from my wife's attempts at cooking and the frequent 'meltdowns' which occur in our kitchen,  I think she has proven beyond all doubt that 'cold fusion' DOES exist.”

8 comments:

  1. Right wing libertarian extremist!

    Well, someone's going to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blonde, blue eyed, Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Captain Haddock4 August 2011 at 12:09

    I bet he & his mates have even got their own magazine .. "Atom-Splitter's Monthly" ..

    I guess what finally gave him away was the finding of a luminous 4lb club hammer & a "hot" cold chisel ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Captain Haddock4 August 2011 at 17:31

    Nah. It's "Chain reaction weekly"

    Ahhh .. I thought that was the Mag of choice for the BDSM brigade ..


    I stand duly corrected FE .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its all a misunderstanding.

    He was just trying to make 'fission chips'

    (i'll get me coat)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Captain Haddock4 August 2011 at 18:34

    @ Gristle ..

    Well done .. made my day .. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He could almost pass as being British....

    ReplyDelete

Say what you like. I try to reply. Comments are not moderated. The author of this blog is not liable for any defamatory or illegal comments.